Lay Ministers Enrich, How Exactly?

January 21st, 2011, Promulgated by b a

From His Excellency’s later column:

Lay ministers enrich our local church
[It’s so enriching that Catholics are flocking away from their parishes in record numbers.]

But I can’t tell you how many of them put themselves out to tell me how excited they are to be learning more about the faith they love so much. [That’s great!  It truly is, but learning more about your faith doesn’t mean you have to be a lay minister].

I don’t know how well-acquainted you are with St. Bernard’s [acquainted enough to know to stay away until there is a radical turnover in the staff]. If you have any curiosity about its mission, if you have any itch to learn more about your faith [of course “your faith” in this case isn’t referring to Catholicism – it’s referring to radical progressive pseudo-Christianity that puts the passions and fashions of the world before God], if you are drawn to serve others in pastoral ministry [and order priests around by taking over the liturgy], I encourage you to be in touch with the people there.

Reading this column reminded me of a snippet on heard on the radio the other day.  This is from the  1/7 show of CA Live titled “Evangelization through the Mass” featuring Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers regarding Barney homilies:

%CODE1%

6 Responses to “Lay Ministers Enrich, How Exactly?”

1. Monk says:

Bishop Clark writes “…..The liturgy I mention closed a weekend retreat I was privileged to lead for 60 participants in a lay ministry formation program in the Diocese of Orlando, Fla. They meet 10 weekends a year for three years. On nine of those weekends each year, the focus is on instruction in theology and ministry. On the 10th weekend, they enjoy a retreat experience.”

Could this be the start of Bishop Clark’s future, leading retreats and formation for his pet project – in Florida? Sounds like a retired Bishop’s agenda to me…..change is coming!

2. Dr. K says:

With Bishop Hubbard I would imagine.

3. Monk says:

At least the Vatican had him contained here in Rochester for the most part. It is scary to think of him roaming around the Church spewing his nonsense.

4. Winnowing says:

Fr. Kennedy… “Carl Gustav Jung is the greatest saint of the 20th century”.

5. Persis says:

I have been a student @ SBSTM and will not deny the fact that some of the people there are exactly how you describe them in your commentary , Ben. As a matter of fact, I was one of them. I went to SBSTM because, in my ignornace, I thought that the Church needed to change. What I learned from my studies there was that what I “thought” church was was a far cry from what the church really was, and that part of the problem was the “change” that had been happening all of my life.

I will admidt, from my perspective, at this point in my life, the education I received at SBSTM was extremly progressive by the standards here @ CF. It did, however, make me want to learn more and hear different points of view. I have realized that my catechises as a youngster, was not at all sound. Coming from a mixed religion background (Catholic/Episcopalian)and growing up in the 70’s & 80’s didn’t help, either! 😉

I began studying on my own, and have benefitted greatly from CF, Catholic Anwsers, and all the other resources that have been shared.

I am still a far cry from what most here would consider “orthodox”, but it was my time at St. Bernard’s that helped me to realize that my ideas about Chruch & religion were way out of balance, and now I am starting to correct that balance. 😀

6. Ben Anderson says:

Thanks for sharing that, Persis. Your story is a true blessing!

Thanks be to God that He can bring good out of anything.