Goodbye Bad Bishop

November 6th, 2009, Promulgated by Choir

Found in the Remnant Newspaper – Guess who is listed first.

Tags: ,

23 Responses to “Goodbye Bad Bishop”

1. I'm not sure Abp. Lucas is a bad bishop…he seems to have done rather well in Springfield, at least…

2. avatar Kevin G. says:

Wow – somebody is going to burn in h… for showing such disrespect to God's chosen successors to the apostles.

3. avatar Sister Emily says:

Hmmmmmmmmm Who had the stats to compile such a list? It doesn't mention an author?

4. Wuerl, Murphy, and Schonborn simply do not belong on that page.

5. avatar Kelly says:

Since the webmaster is soliciting further recommendations, the site is obviously biased. The site was created by a Fisheaters.com forum member, and it appears that the criteria required is sketchy.

"It's a list of bishops who've brought shame and disgrace upon themselves and they Church they purport to serve in one way, shape, form or another, or have no use for the Traditional Latin Mass; qualifications that have these men's DNA all over them like Bill Clinton's on a blue stained dress.

I've seen countdown to Mahony's retirement tickers, so I thought it was a good idea to give him company. Listen closely to the background music.

Many of the replies are hardly the fruit of Christians.

I'd put Mahony #2 behind Clark, rather than Hubbard.

I agree with previous posters, there are a few names that don't belong on that list.

~Dr. K

Before everyone jumps on the "Cleansing Fire is intolerant" bandwagon, let me just say that the only reason this is up is because one section, namely the countdown of Bishop Clark, is relevant to our ongoing discussion. We do not stand by each and every claim of that website, so stop saying people are going to hell for disrespecting bishops and their offices.

8. avatar Kevin G. says:

My apologies – that was truly crass. I would not claim to be judge and jury. Hmmm – perghaps no one else should be so bold as to be in judgment over our bishops or anyone else – I do believe that is God's job. I certainly wouldn't want to accuse the Holy Spirit of being in error in choosing Bishop's through the successor of Peter.

Kevin,

How about Archbishop Weakland?

The Holy Spirit may inspire the selection of bishops, but ultimately a man is making the decision.

We do not judge souls.

We do judge actions, but not by any abstract criteria, but rather, by the words of Christ and His Church.

The bishop is a great man – his actions, not so much. Recall the words of St. Augustine, "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

Perghaps indeed.

12. avatar CPT Tom says:

The only positive thing I have to say after viewing that list (Agreed, Wuerl, Murphy, and Schonborn do not belong on their) is that the next few years will do a lot to cleanse the Church in the US of doubtful leadership.

Don't forget: Schornborn supposedly gave his fiat to the Corpus Christi procession with that "bread on a stick."

14. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I love Schonborn…he's certainly not the best…he seems to allow quite a bit more than you'd hope for

wuerl is okay, certainly, but has his weaknesses…same with murphy…not bad bishops, but not model bishops either

but lucas, i really don't understand his presence

I think many of the bishops on there are only up because someone has a personal problem with them, found out their birthday, then submitted it.

16. I certainly wouldn't want to accuse the Holy Spirit of being in error in choosing Bishop's through the successor of Peter.

The list of bishops doesn't include popes, i.e., the successors of Peter. Moreover, that statement reflects a fundamental misunderstanding about the Holy Spirit's role in apostolic succession in general.

Fiat?

It is a German car.

19. It's an Italian car and it stands for Fix It Again Tony. 🙂

Or, it could be Latin for "let it be."

Would someone pls. give the defination of Fiat as it appears at 9:51? Thanks

It's Latin for "let it be."

OH OK. Thanks.