Salve Festa Dies

August 29th, 2009, Promulgated by Gen

What’s so important about Sunday, October 18, 2009?

Well, I’ll give you one hint: it has to do with a change from four digits to three digits . . .

Yes, that’s right, it’s the 1000 day mark for the Bishop Clark retirement count-down!

I would like, very much, to celebrate this special day, but I’ll leave it to you, the readers, to decide how, when, where, etc . . . Perhaps a Cleansing Fire delegation to the Latin Mass that day? Lunch after? Nothing? Everything? The choices are yours, so let’s start a dialogue.

Sorry about dropping the D-bomb.

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Salve Festa Dies”

I'd say we could reminisce about his accomplishments as bishop, but there are little to none.

So…

How about some super special B.C.-themed comedy that day!

2. avatar Sister Emily says:

Will there be a surprise guest?

A look back at his terrible tenure in Rochester, from the very beginning.

Sr. Joan should be involved somehow.

O.K. How about we pick out a pew and reserve it for us. After Mass we go out for pasta. Maybe we should wear bullet prove vests.

The Holy Spirit will swoop down and catch any bullets that miscreants fire our way. He alone is our bullet proof vest.

But amen to pew and pasta.

6. If you want to attend the Tridentine Latin High Mass and could postpone the celebration just one week, then on October 25 there will be a High Mass at St. Stanislaus.

October 25 is the last Sunday in October which is the Feast of Christ the King in the Tridentine Ordo. We will have Benediction after Mass.

If anybody likes we could go to eat pasta at Mama Rosa's on Norton Street, directly across the parking lot from the old Annunciation Church.

Just a thought!

7. avatar Sister Emily says:

Yes I am with Choir. I am on retreat the week end of 10-16-09 and it would be very nice to meet everyone after a high Mass.

I'll start making arrangements.

I've got friends in high places.

9. I think another good place of Italian food is Giuseppe's on Lyell Avenue, very near St. Theodore's; or Papa Joe, a little further down the road.

Any other suggestions?

10. We could possibly pop into see the All Souls Chapel at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery, if it isn't too late.