We Receive the Bishop’s Endorsement

July 1st, 2009, Promulgated by Gen

Yes, folks, it’s true. Bishop Matthew Clark has given us his endorsement, if not his imprimatur. In the latest Catholic Courier, he tells his flock to do a search for “dioceseofrochester” in You Tube. Well, most normal people would then type “Diocese of Rochester” into the box. In doing so, the first result is . . . The Vacant Chair! Yes, it’s true. Try it right now and laugh as hard as I did when a reader and friend notified me. And, even when grammar is torn to shreds and “dioceseofrochester” is typed in, my video is still in the top 10. In fact, it’s number six.

12 Responses to “We Receive the Bishop’s Endorsement”

Too funny.

Perhaps His Excellency is secretly a fan of your work?

~Dr. K

At 9:37 pm you were no longer number 6 . you are now listed as number one. It is amusing.

P.S. I to say Michael Jackson was #3.

4. avatar Sister Emily says:

GEN Can I email you? Your home page does not give your email address.

Looks like a "thumbs-up" from Bishop Clark in my opinion.

Sister Emily, of course you can email me. It's vocatusiii@hotmail.com.

When I saw the picture of Bishop Clark with Pope Benedict posted on the Diocese of Rochester web site, I thought to myself, what a joke.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger had to "correct" Bishop Clark many times.

Why did Bishop Clark refuse to go Rome for the installation of Cardinal Ratzinger as our new Pope?

Any Catholic in the world would have jumped at the opportunity to take a first class trip to Rome, all expenses paid, to witness the installation of a new Pope. Bishop Clark would have been given first class treatment at the Vatican, since he is a bishop.

I could just see him boiling over at the selection of Card. Ratzinger as Pope.

Oh no, the Episcopal DoR put up a video, and the Cleansing Fire video fell to #2!

10. Anon 9:55 – Are you sure that Bishop Clark refused to go to Rome for the installation. I didn't think bishops were invited unless you have a "friend" in the Vatican. Bishop Clark seems to be on the "defecation roster" these days.

"Bishop Clark seems to be on the "defecation roster" these days."

He's stated before that some in the Vatican think he's "the bee's knees." My guess would be that there are more who hold the opposite opinion.

~Dr. K

Yo, daddy-o, you know the bishop's not the bee's knees, he's the cat's meow.

**Realizes that 1920's slang died for a reason.**