Novena Will Continue on Monday

July 25th, 2009, Promulgated by Gen

I won’t be able to have the next Novena video done until Sunday afternoon, so I’ll be continuing it on Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience.

However, here is something to sate your appetites for sardonic orthodoxy.

8 Responses to “Novena Will Continue on Monday”

I remember this one. Fr. Brian Cool isn't wearing an alb, isn't wearing a stole, and doesn't appear to wearing his collar either. Bishop Clark is not wearing his alb, and not wearing a chasuble.

I don't understand this stole-only fad. Jim Callan is one you would never see wearing a chasuble, though his reason might have been that Jesus is the one offering the Mass and he is only concelebrating. So much DoR nonsense. How can we expect Bishop Clark to correct liturgical abuses when he is taking part in them himself?

Finally, I thought progressives didn't like having the priest and people face the same direction…

Is the clip from Schoolhouse Rock or the Electric Company? Great 1980s educational shows.

~Dr. K

Schoolhouse Rock – the best educational show ever made by any institution at any time.

Although, I can see some Catholic offshoots from it: Rather than "Conjunction Junction, what's your function?" it would be "Extreme Unction, What's Your Function?"

Weak, yes, but it needed to be done. lol

Bishop Clark is helping me to teach my kid how to count.

My eyes, they are so dirty! I have never seen so many liturgical abuses, by a bishop no less.

5. avatar Bernie says:

Underlying this kind of thing is the demeaning attitude that college age people are not capable of understanding and appreciating the rich symbolism of liturgical vestments, furniture, vessels, movements, postures, and prayers. The bishop and father emptied the rite of nearly all meaning beyond simple narrative. The result, of course, is that there is a good chance these young people in the photo are no longer practicing Catholics; perhaps not religious in any sense any more. I hope I'm terribly wrong about them and that they are in fact courageous and strong in their faith and practice.

6. avatar Sed says:

The Bishop and Brian Cool are forgetting; these aren't college kids, they are college adults. All this hip and trendy nonsense is not necessary.

"Underlying this kind of thing is the demeaning attitude that college age people are not capable of understanding and appreciating the rich symbolism of liturgical vestments, furniture, vessels, movements, postures, and prayers."

This is a problem affecting a number of area college Newman centers.

~Dr. K

I'm surprised the liberals haven't tried to change the name of Newman into Newperson.