Same-sex ‘marriage’ yeas and nays

July 3rd, 2011, Promulgated by Mike

A reader has requested we post links so that New York citizens could see how their representatives voted on the same-sex ‘marriage’ bill.

Here are those links …

New York State Assembly vote here.

New York State Senate vote here.

12 Responses to “Same-sex ‘marriage’ yeas and nays”

The Assembly Vote you show is from the 2009 vote.

2. avatar militia says:

Has anybody kept track of how many homilies there were against SSM; i.e. from the pulpit on Sunday morning and/or in the bulletin, who were the priests who gave them, and did they ask their parishioners to get involved and contact their assembly people and senators? Yes, I know there is a careful line to walk in this, but it is never wrong to remind people seriously of the Church’s teaching. It would be interesting to see the list of the yea and nay answers to this question.

3. avatar Mike says:

Anon.-15013,

Good catch! The link is now fixed.

That is why the Catholic Church has been so useless in todays environment. Homilies concerning health care and homosexuality were never spoken. I have been a practicing Roman Catholic for 25 years and in that time have never heard a homily on abortion, premarital sex, birth control, homosexuality ot natural family planning.

The culture of death has had a free hand in convincing people of its doctrines. 24/7 in the media with a silent Church.

I will also bet that Catholic children have also never been taught about these things.
    he cCatholic Church is the farn system for the culture of death.

She, who was supposed to be the moral compass is now totally irrelevant, allowing our culture and nation to drown in the toilet and we have our bishops, priests, deacons and nuns to blams.

5. avatar Louis E. says:

Today’s NY Times identifies Alesi as a worshipper at Spiritus Christi…so what was all this talk about his being a Catholic?

6. avatar CBD says:

190145’s opinion may be correct and there may also be some benefit for venting that idea out in the public.
    But the story isn’t completed with that. In the end, we won’t be asked about what everybody else didn’t do — but rather “what did you do about it”?

We might say “I complained about the bad bishop, priests and lay Catholics in the comment box on a blog”. Ok, let’s just call that “a start”. If it doesn’t go much farther than that, then I wouldn’t call it the kind of fruit that Our Lord is looking for.

Fact — the Church leadership and majority of Catholics in the Rochester area are weak, corrupted, lame, apostates, useless, evil, ignorant, sacrilegious and worse …

Your job and my job is to do everything we can to fix that.

so you are setting yourself up as “god almighty”

8. avatar CBD says:

If you disagree with something I said, you might consider offering your own point of view.
    As I said elsewhere, there’s no logical or rational defense for gay marriage – especially from the Catholic position.
    If you don’t agree, you should try to defend yourself and try to convince me otherwise.
    As it stands, you’re making a personal judgement about me — and I’m not the topic here. Needless to say, I’m not setting myself up as anything other than myself. You might think that I appear to be some kind of “god” but that’s a pretty wild exaggeration, at best.

Have we identified him as a Catholic? I thought we said he attended Spiritus? What he said when he ran – I don’t know.

10. avatar militia says:

I don’t think enough attention has been paid to the excellent Michael Voris segment on gay bishops and priests as the cause of failure to fight more strongly against SSD, and how duped are the people in the pew. The link is:

11. avatar Anonymous II says:

CBD!!!
    You are setting yourself up as a god as others have said. Did God drop dead and leave you as boss?? (god)??? Your judgements on the Church (aka people of God) in the Rochester diocese are rash and uninformed as well as arrogant and presumptive. Rather than be overly critical of you, I would suggest that you discuss this matter with your spiritual director or confessor. Peace be to you.

12. avatar CBD says:

Anonymous II — I appreciate your opinion, but you offer no basis for your rash notions at all. You’re just making wild claims about me, and you don’t know anything about me.
    Again, if you disagree with my views, you should try to convince me that I’m wrong. Instead, you’re just offering insulting personal comments – calling me “arrogant” and “uninformed”.
    If you are, supposedly, informed about these matters, then share your information with me.
    You claim that you don’t want to be “overly critical of me” (although you already have been) but again — I am not the topic here.
    Just discuss the topic. Let me know what your views on the issues are.
    What is your point?
    What do you disagree with in what I said?
    Why do you think it’s possible for God to “drop dead”?
    Do you support Same-Sex Marriage? If so, how do you reconcile that with the Catholic Faith?

Those are just a few of the questions you could try to discuss. Instead, you’ve decided to discuss my own personal life, which again, you know nothing about.
    That’s not a very good way to have a discussion, don’t you think?