Four Women Playing Priest

June 5th, 2011, Promulgated by Dr. K

Included is Rochester native and schismatic Spiritus Christi parishioner, Patti LaRossa.

Tags: ,

17 Responses to “Four Women Playing Priest”

1. avatar annonymouse says:

There’s the Christmas in July sale – perhaps this is Halloween in June?

2. avatar Jim R says:

anyone know why priestesses wear the stole over the chasuble? I guess to prove they are not priests, but priestesses.

3. avatar Bruce says:

It is sad to see that the nursing home residents can’t think of anything better to do.

The two on the left appear to be sporting extra-wide stoles.

5. avatar Sassy says:

They look like an Olympic relay team awaiting their gold medal. Quite the contrast to the devout and holy way newly ordained priests carry themselves.

6. avatar Bruce says:

Indeed, Sassy. You can almost hear them say, “Look at me! Look at me! Aren’t I special? Anything you can do, I can do better! Yay!!!” And you can quote me saying, “YAWN.”

7. avatar Thinkling says:

Olympic relay team awaiting their gold medal

Indeed LOL! I was going to say rock stars closing their concert, but the Olympic image is right on.

Cue We are the Champions here. Works for both.

All flippancy aside, I don’t know what to say, this is grave.

8. avatar Hopefull says:

Does anyone know how many of these make-believe priestesses once called themselves Catholic? What a travesty. THey look like the front line of pride marchers….not saying gay pride, just anybody whose proud of their sins.

9. avatar Bernie says:

Correct me if I wrong, but I think the stole is a symbol of authority and the chasuble is a symbol of love/charity/service. The correct order is the chasuble over the stole; love over authority.Isn’t it interesting that they have chosen authority over love? Many of our priests engage in the same illicit vesting. However,I don’t think many understand what they are doing whereas I think the pretend priests do know what they are doing.

Are they praying the Our Father during Mass at St. Anne’s?

11. Do lay males get to offer reflections during the homily?

12. avatar Bruce says:

Anony-1311: The “Our Father” is much too sexist. From now on, they pray the “Our non-gender-specific-god/goddess”

Interstate: Well played.

13. avatar annonymouse says:

Just a nit, but aren’t there FIVE priestesses?

I guess you really can’t hold back the spring for folks who like to play make believe.

Four fake priestesses and one fake bishop. 🙂

15. avatar Denita says:

I’m surprised to see the priestess on the far left has longer hair. Aren’t they usually required to have that short “butch-y” hairdo? LOL

16. avatar Trad Tom says:

As a part-time actor, what I see them doing is taking their curtain call, as we do at the end of the show. We know we are play-acting, but we do take our “hands-together bow” after we complete our play-acting. We are thanking the audience for coming and supporting us, no matter how fake things are up on stage.
    These females are play-acting, portraying characters that they can never really be. It’s fun to do this, but it ISN’T REAL. They can learn all the “lines,” follow all the “blocking,” accept all the kudos, but it ISN’T REAL. It’s play-acting and they know it!

17. avatar Eliza10 says:

Yes, it is everything like play-acting! It is interesting how you, as an actor, see the connection. The bow IS just like curtain-call! It says, “Look at me!”. A REAL priest is supposed to be doing everything to say, “Look at Jesus!”. Praise God, we have some holy priests in Rochester who do just that.