Pull Up Your Pants – Tuck In Your Amice

December 30th, 2010, Promulgated by Gen

I stumbled upon this video this morning as I was making my internet rounds. In essence, the City of Memphis got sick and tired of seeing its students “bustin’ the sag” – wearing their pants below the “thou shalt not” zone. And so, if any student is seen “bustin’ the sag,” they get “Urkeled.” Basically, the teacher, principal, or whoever sees them dressing like that is permitted (and encouraged) to pull their pants up above their navels, thus emulating the quintessential nerd from Family Matters. The students, who dread being forced to look like scholars of the very-intense variety, have opted to start dressing appropriately, thus negating the need for the teachers to rectify their sag-bustin’ tendencies. Indeed, the program has become quite a success, and may very well spread to other school districts.

This got me thinking – maybe we should do the same thing with our priests and religious? If you see Fr. So-and-so wearing his stole over his chasuble, it’s your duty to see that he gets thoroughly “Ratzingered.” You know what that means – tuck his stole under his chasuble. If you see Sr. Whoever wearing a billowing pillowsheet alb, go up and tie a chapel veil around her pretty little face. Just like how the Memphis school district noticed better-dressing students, we’ll notice better-dressing priests and religious. So remember – you have the right to see that all poorly-vested priests get “Ratzingered” on the spot. If they put up a fuss, strap a biretta on their head. That’ll teach them to wear rainbow stoles.

Tags: , , ,

21 Responses to “Pull Up Your Pants – Tuck In Your Amice”

That image is too funny!

2. avatar Bernie says:

I envision a whole new series of funny pictures here at CF!

3. avatar Jim says:

That’s just mean-spirited. Sr. Binsack gave her life to God and deserves respect, all she is doing is what her boss is asking or allowing her to do; and her boss is our Bishop, like him or not he is still the leader of the Diocese of Rochester, chosen by JP II. I used to read this web to be informed but postings like this do not teach or inform.

This post wasn’t intended to “teach or inform” – it’s tagged “Thou Shalt Laugh.” Evidently you struggle with this commandment of humor!

5. avatar Bill B. says:

In a way I agree with Jim. In essence “you” are making fun of someone. However no matter you look at it; it is still at her expense. Perhaps we should not make fun of anyone at all and stick to the issues.

6. avatar Tollite says:

Goodness gracious, Bill. Enough with your sanctimonious preaching! How the heck is putting a biretta on someone “making fun of someone”? She wants to be a priest, and all these people have done is oblige her. It’s like they’re working for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. Give it a rest.

7. avatar Jim says:

Oh, come on Jim at 9:51…lighten up a little…..it is kind of funny. I’ll be changing to Jim M. so people don’t confuse us…(as soon as I figure out how!)….I’m now Jim, but soon to be Jim M.

8. avatar Bill B. says:

Not defending anyone; however, how do you know the sisters heart in these matters? She is the Bishop’s secretary. How do we know anything about her, except that she is is his secretary? How do you know she wants to be a priest? You don’t have to be sanctamoniously preaching to know that it is at her personal expense. This may be something for us all to think about.

Perhaps after you have had an in-person discussion with her on the very things Tollite mentioned, you’ll find that your worries aren’t very founded at all.

I believe that Bishop Clark was chosen by a different pope. Pope John II just went through with the process to install Bishop Clark as our bishop. As far as the humor goes… I think it’s great. Being Catholic doesn’t mean that we have to be a bunch of stiffs. I’m sure that Sr. Binsack isn’t going to cry over this picture. And if my boss tells me to do something that is wrong, then I don’t do it. Soul or job? Geez! that’s an easy one.

It would certainly make sense that Bishop Clark’s name was put forth under Paul VI or John Paul I – that’s a good point.

Ooops! I meant to say Pope John Paul II, not Pope John II.

13. avatar Nerina says:

I’m impressed the school is getting away with the initiative (which I support, btw). This seems like a case ripe for ACLU intervention.

Gen, I can’t get the image of “tie a chapel veil around her pretty little face” out of my head.

Gen,
    Man are you an asshole.

Oh, now isn’t that precious?

I find it immeasurably gratifying that, while the staff here cites Scripture, Canon Law, encyclicals, homilies, Apostolic Exhortations, etc., and has the occasional chuckle, the immediate reaction of the opposition is to call me an asshole.

Look, friends, and behold the unbridled wit of a pernicious liberal. They’re a dying breed, you know. Whenever one of them lashes out like this, I actually find myself smiling, reveling in their ideological death-throws.

16. avatar Matt says:

I am overwhelmed by the desire to give the delightfully helpful anon a pacifier and a swift crozier-smack…but alas, i’m not a bishop

We get angry at them for using power for their own ideologies. I worry because they are being unfaithful to their groom, Christ. Do they ever read their office, or go to daily mass. Unfortunately, they have services at the St. Joes mother house using rocks for meditative purposes.

My wife volunteered in Rochester in the 1990’s. She had to fight with the nuns to go to daily mass. They would not help her. She had to get her own transportation to go to a mass outside the motherhouse where she was staying.

Tragically, the nuns have separated themselves from their spouse. Pray for them…All of them..even the bigest offenders.

18. avatar Jim says:

Jim M. here…. I’m not a bishop either, Matt, but I’ll help you with the swift-crozier smack.. I think anon 6:44 should clean up his act, or find another blog site. This isn’t a site for crass insults!

19. avatar verdi says:

Not a site for crass insults???? The entire blog is an insult to his Excellency Bishop Clark.
    May God bless him now and forever and may the Holy Father refuse his resignation at age 75 and let him shepherd us for at least another decade.

If reality is an insult to his excellency, I profoundly apologize.

21. avatar Jim says:

Jim M. to verdi 6:39….stop sipping that diocesan kool-aid….if Bishop Clark continues on after age 75, this diocese won’t last another decade!