Recruiting…?

June 12th, 2010, Promulgated by Ink

Apparently, the Diocese of Rochester is attempting to recruit priests from the area’s Catholic high schools.  I discovered this through my homeroom, which contains some of the boys who were recruited.  A picture posted online later showed the program.  At the bottom of the sponsors: Beers of the World.

Huh.

EDIT: Picture is below.

9 Responses to “Recruiting…?”

Any young men answering the call for Rochester will undoubtedly need “beers of the world.” It’s actually quite logical, Ink.

2. avatar benanderson says:

was trying to come up with a witty response, but Gen’s is too good to beat.

3. avatar Ink says:

Edited the picture in. Now you can see why I tipped my head and said “huh?”

Epic “huh,” Ink. Epic. I wonder how the speaker was, Fr. Joe O’Connor. If they imported someone from Syracuse, I’d imagine he’s either really good or really . . . “diverse.”

5. avatar Christopher says:

I heard the Priest from Syracuse was really good.

That’s a relief then. It’s about time the DoR brought someone in who actually knows what they’re talking about.

7. avatar Bill B. says:

Speakers of various authority on a subject, served by a group of uniformed servers (K of C), attended by a catering company to take on some baked products and some beer. What more could you ask for? Back a few centuries you would call this an abbey. Back then the beer was mead.

Bill, great post but I doubt for this dinner the Knights were uniformed.

9. avatar Ink says:

My only concern is this: They’re recruiting high school students from local area high schools. And they sponsor it by Beers of the World? Everyone knows that the majority of Rochester’s population is Italian! It should be Wines of the World or something like that. =P