Whispers in the Loggia is reporting that Pope Benedict has accepted the resignation of Bishop William Stephen Skylstad, the leader of the Diocese of Spokane who turned 75 last year. Bishop Blase Cupich of Rapid City is said to be his successor. Skylstad is the latest Abp. Jean Jadot appointee to enter the land of retirement.
And then there were four…
Serving past retirement age:
- William Stephen Skylstad – Age 76.33 – Diocese of Spokane
- Eusebius Joseph Beltran – Age 75.83 – Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
Retires in 2011:
- Roger Michael Card. Mahony – Age 74.34 – Archdiocese of Los Angeles [Coadjutor named]
Retires in 2012:
- Matthew Harvey Clark – Age 72.96 – Diocese of Rochester
Retires in 2013:
- Howard James Hubbard – Age 71.66 – Diocese of Albany
Previous edition: here.
Tags: Bishop Clark