What’s So Appealing About Orthodoxy?

May 16th, 2010, Promulgated by Gen

Just ask any of these people who pack the pews of Our Lady of Victory.

Tags: ,

8 Responses to “What’s So Appealing About Orthodoxy?”

1. avatar Mike says:

Standing room only, judging by the folks lined up against the far wall.

There were no seats available, people packed the aisles, and the vestibule on Pleasant Street was absolutely packed, so that if anyone wanted to get in, it was physically impossible. People were on the steps of the church, in the side entrances, and many simply couldn't find a spot.

And look at how diverse the people in the photo are – vastly more than you see at Spiritus Christi or St. Mary's Downtown.

3. avatar Christopher says:

That kid in the front looks like he was just about to pick a booger. 🙂 I was there this day with the parents and what a great mass it was (first Communion, crowning of our Blessed Virgin Mary, and Mother's day flowers handed out).

4. Obviously a staged photo or electronically enhanced with fake people.

Who would have thought there were that many Catholics left in the DOR? They need to close it down then they would be forced to go to a more liberated parish.

AMAZING!!!

I doubt St. Anne or Our Lady of Lourdes will be able to produce similar results.

6. I usher at OLV. And Gen is right, we could not have fit another person in. I treasure going to OLV because of the diversity of people; but the commonality among all of them is that they love the Church and what she stands for. The appreciate Father A's direct and straightfoward, no nonsense style, especially as he preaches. Each Sunday I see more new faces and families.

Don't forget the Lord Jesus Christ was present for the Mass. He was right in the center of the church in the tabernacle, not tucked away in a broom closet across the hall from the church *cough Church of the Resurrection*

8. avatar Jon says:

JFK, I'm reading your sarcasm and laughing. I love OLV. Parents bring their kids. Their is one family and all the children receive kneeling on the tounge. So awesome!!!