Just a Note

January 25th, 2010, Promulgated by Gen

I have had a string of comments posted which have flaunted an open contempt for the office of bishop, the Magisterial teachings of the Church, the Pope, past popes, etc. And these are coming from both ends of the spectrum. These things, attacking individuals, showing open contempt towards the reforms of the Church (i.e. return of Latin Mass, new translations, sign of peace), disrespecting episcopal offices – all of these are unwanted and unnecessary.

People accuse us, from time to time, of being anti-Bishop Clark. I should like to clarify that point, even though I have repeatedly done so. We have such respect for the office of the bishop that we rise up to defend it. The man is different from his office. Remember, folks, we have had popes who were openly contemptuous towards Tradition. Just because they were validly-named popes does not mean that the people should have rolled over in the face of abuses of power.

Follow the teachings of the Church – everything follows safely from that. I don’t need half-cocked homosexuals spamming us with their statements of contempt for the will of the Church as manifested through the Magisterium. For goodness sake, we don’t need that kind of liberal trash being disseminated through this site.

After all, from what I have been told, my crozier stings mightily when it strikes the skin of the perfidious.

13 Responses to “Just a Note”

Thanks for you editorial note making distinctions. The same should be written about some who, for example, are asking to slow down the new translations of the Missale Romanum. It is not that we reject the concept; it is the bad grammar, run on sentences, etc. that is being rejected. It is better to slow down and print a good translation than to be saddled with a rushed, poor translation (e.g., some of the translation in use).

In principal, yes, I see the point. It's unfortunate, though, that the vast majority of those who have signed the petition are doing so, not out of a genuine concern, but out of a contempt for Tradition. These are the people who are pushing for inclusive language. Genuine points I have no qualms about – people who hide behind valid (but arguable) claims with the intention of illicit "reform" are the ones to whom this is addressed. (In part.)

Thank you for stating the case as it is, without adulteration or political bias.

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, both are abominable before God." Proverbs 17:15

Cleansing Fire does neither of those condemnable acys but instead blogs in charity after the ways The Church.:

"Medicinal rebuke must be applied to all who sin, lest they should either themselves perish, or be the ruin of others … Let no one, therefore, say that a man must not be rebuked when he deviates from the right way, or that his return and perseverance must only be asked from the Lord for him." St. Augustine

"Not to oppose error is to approve it, and not to defend truth is to suppress it, and indeed to neglect to confound evil men when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." Pope Felix III

"We?ve had enough of exhortations to be silent! Cry out with a hundred thousand tongues. I see that the world is rotten because of silence." St. Catherine of Siena

4. avatar Matt says:

TEN POINTS for the use of the word "perfidious"

also, to quasi-quote Fr Corapi

"It doesn't matter which side of the boat you're swimming on, it matters whether or not you're on the boat"

"half-cocked homosexuals"

Or fully roasted bisexuals.

Separate but equal.

And thank you for the understanding and praise. I wasn't expecting a pat on the back, but appreciate it nonetheless.

"My crozier stings mightily when it strikes the skin of the perfidious."

That belongs on a cool t-shirt!

9. avatar gretchen says:

That photo made me think, "Ah… Little Bo Peep!"

10. avatar Mike says:

Last Tuesday I got so tired of all the tedious, illogical anonymous rants posted over at DORCatholic that I turned off anonymous posting.

It's been a quiet – and wonderfully peaceful – week in Lake Wobegon.

Haha, we know exactly what you went through. We've taken the approach to simply remove any of his more offensive posts on sight.

~Dr. K

12. avatar Mike says:

Dr. K.,

I'll probably do the same once I get around to re-enabling anonymous posting.

For now, I'm just enjoying the calm.

13. avatar Nerina says:

Mike,

The most frustrating part of engaging "anonymous" posters, is that they refuse to respond to questions/points. It seems most of them are (or one in particular) is not really interested in true dialogue, but more interested in pounding home the same points over and over and over (e.g. birth control, birth control, birth control).

I try to be reasonable. I try to listen to opposing viewpoints and I am generally interested in discussion. But Iron. Catholic (if that is him or her) chose only to engage other anonymous posters who were equally infantile and/or repetitive in their responses. Not once did he address any facts you or I or others raised.